Things Every New Yorker Should Do in Queens
Queens is the largest and one of the most diverse boroughs in New York City. It has a rich cultural heritage and plenty of hidden gems waiting to be explored. Whether you’re a longtime resident or a first-time visitor, there are a few things every New Yorker should do in Queens to experience all that this vibrant borough has to offer fully. Join Best Movers NYC and explore Queens.
Explore the food scene
Queens is a food lover’s paradise, with a diverse array of international cuisines and culinary experiences to explore. Here are some must-try food experiences that Queens movers recommend:
- Visit Flushing’s Chinatown
- Try Greek food in Astoria
- Sample Latin American cuisine in Jackson Heights
- Get your fill of Indian food
- Check out the food trucks
Queens has something to offer no matter what kind of cuisine you’re in the mood for. Be sure to come hungry, and explore this borough’s many delicious food options.
Visit iconic cultural institutions
Queens is also home to many iconic cultural institutions that offer unique and enriching experiences. Some of the must-visit cultural institutions in Queens are:
- The Museum of the Moving Image
- The Queens Museum
- The Noguchi Museum
- MoMA PS1
- The Louis Armstrong House Museum
No matter what your interests are, there’s a cultural institution in Queens that’s sure to offer a unique and enlightening experience. Be sure to check out some of these iconic institutions recommended by local movers in Queens on your next visit.
Discover hidden gems in neighborhoods
Queens is a borough full of hidden gems, and there are many unique neighborhoods and attractions waiting to be explored. For instance, one hidden gem that is worth mentioning is the Queens County Farm Museum, located in Floral Park. This 47-acre working farm offers a glimpse into the agricultural history of Queens and is home to farm animals, fields, and orchards, as well as seasonal events like the Amazing Maize Maze in the fall. Forest Hills Gardens is a hidden gem worth exploring and recommended by Forest Hills movers. This charming neighborhood in Forest Hills was designed in the early 20th century as a garden community. It features Tudor-style homes, tree-lined streets, and a tranquil atmosphere.
For art enthusiasts, Long Island City movers recommend the Socrates Sculpture Park in Long Island City. This hidden gem is dedicated to showcasing contemporary sculpture and art. Visitors can explore the outdoor exhibition space, attend special events and performances, and take in stunning views of the East River. By exploring these hidden gems, visitors can also get a glimpse into the unique neighborhoods and attractions that Queens has to offer.
Attend festivals and events
Attending festivals and events in Queens is a great way to experience the diverse and vibrant culture of the borough. There is always something happening in Queens, whether it’s a food festival, film festival, cultural celebration, or music event. One of the most popular festivals in Queens is the Queens Night Market, which offers an array of international cuisine from local vendors, along with live music and performances. The New York Hall of Science Maker Faire is another must-see event in Queens, which showcases innovative creations and cutting-edge technology from around the world.
For those interested in film, the Queens International Film Festival is a great opportunity to see independent films from a range of genres and countries. The festival features a variety of screenings, as well as opportunities to meet filmmakers and participate in Q&A sessions. Other festivals and events in Queens include the Queens Pride Parade, which celebrates the LGBTQ+ community with a colorful parade and festival in Jackson Heights, and the Hindu Lamp Ceremony, which honors the Hindu festival of Diwali with a traditional lamp lighting ceremony, Indian food, and music.
Attending festivals and events in Queens is not only a fun way to spend your time. It is also a chance to connect with the diverse community and learn more about the history and culture of the borough. With so many events taking place throughout the year, there is always something new and exciting to discover in Queens.
Going out is one of the things every New Yorker should do in Queens
Queens may not be as well-known for its nightlife as neighboring Manhattan, but going out is one of the things every New Yorker should do in Queens.
Here are the four best ways to get a taste of Queens nightlife, according to customers who’ve hired residential movers Queens has to offer and relocated here in the past:
- Head to Long Island City. This has become a hotspot for trendy bars and clubs in recent years. Whether you’re looking for a rooftop bar with stunning views of Manhattan, a cozy speakeasy with craft cocktails, or a lively dance club, Long Island City has something for everyone.
- Astoria is another neighborhood that offers a diverse range of nightlife options. From dive bars and sports pubs to hookah lounges and rooftop lounges. There is no shortage of places to grab a drink or socialize with friends.
- Jackson Heights is known for its vibrant Latinx community and lively nightlife scene. Visitors can find a variety of bars and clubs that play everything from salsa and bachata to reggaeton and merengue.
- Flushing has a burgeoning nightlife scene, with a mix of bars, karaoke lounges, and nightclubs that cater to both local residents and visitors. Overall, Queens has a diverse and exciting nightlife scene that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re in the mood for a quiet drink or a night of dancing, you’re sure to find the perfect spot in one of Queens’ many neighborhoods.
Queens is a borough that truly has it all. From its vibrant food scene to the hidden gems in its neighborhoods, there is no shortage of things to see and do in Queens. Whether you’re a local resident or a first-time visitor, you can immerse yourself in Queens’s diverse and exciting culture. You can do so by attending festivals and events, exploring its nightlife, and the diversity and vibrant culture. Make sure to do the things every New Yorker should do in Queens and have fun!