Best Places To Move From NYC
Want to move from NYC but don’t know where? Yes, it’s pretty difficult to decide where to move since New York City has set some great living standards and not many places can compare to it. However, there are some places where dreams are made and that offer plenty of great things, and Best Movers NY made a list of best places to move from NYC. We’ve carefully chosen the places based on our customers’ requirements such as affordability, living standards, and recreational activities. So, let us take you on a tour and give you an insight into some of the most popular places to settle down after living in New York. Enjoy the ride.
How to choose the best places to move from NYC
Choosing a place to live is not easy. The one you choose will determine your life in many ways, so choose smartly. Here are some of the most important factors to consider when moving:
- Affordability: This is the first thing you should think of. The more affordable a place is, the better lifestyle you’ll have.
- Median home price: If you want to buy a property, choose a place that has reasonable prices.
- Median home rent: Choose a place that is affordable enough and fits into your monthly budget.
- The median household income: It’s a very important factor to consider since it will determine your average salary.
- Job market: Find a place that offers a lot of jobs so you can choose the right one.
- Educational system: If you have children or you are a student yourself, you should consider the educational system a city offers.
- Safety: This is one of the most important factors, especially if you have children.
- Transportation system and walkability: To save time commuting, choose a city with a strong transportation system but also pay attention to walkability.
- Outdoor and recreational activities: This is a factor that will determine your way of life.
- Neighborhood communities: It’s one of the most important things to think about. Choose a city that offers diverse neighborhoods and a good community vibe.
- Natural environment: Fresh air is essential for a healthy lifestyle, so choose a city with a lot of parks and natural surroundings.
What are the best places to move from NYC?
Considering most of the factors mentioned above, we’ve listed some of the best places to move from NYC. Here’s our list:
- Los Angeles
- New Jersey
- San Francisco
- San Diego
And if these or any other U. S. places are already on your list check our database of some of the best NYC moving companies that can help you relocate with ease.
Chicago: The Second City
When it comes to big cities in the U. S. Chicago and New York are the supreme ones, so if you want to move from NYC, the best choice you can make is definitely to move to Chicago. Although smaller in size, Chicago stands next to New York City when it comes to a diverse lifestyle. And it’s no wonder that Chicago has got so many nicknames, such as The White City, The Windy City, City of Big Shoulders, The Second City, and The City That Works. Chicago definitely stands out. And here are the main benefits of moving from NYC to Chicago. First and foremost, Chicago is more affordable than NYC. The cost of living is the first thing you’ll notice upon arriving in Chicago. A diverse economy, word-class educational systems, constantly expanding job market – all these traits make Chicago the best Big City in the U. S.
Top places to live in Chicago
When you’re looking for the best neighborhoods to live in in Chicago, your options are endless. However, every neighborhood has its own unique identity, and whichever you choose, you will feel at home. But if you’re unfamiliar with Chicago areas, here are some of the most well-known in the city:
- Lakeview: If you are searching for the best place in Chicago for young professionals, then Lakeview should be your choice. Besides, the housing prices are relatively reasonable.
- Lincoln Park: A perfect place for those searching for a university education or career, since Lincoln Park is home to DePaul University and Knox College.
- Near West Side: Another great place for studying since it’s home to top-notch institutions, such as the University of Illinois Chicago, Malcolm X College, and Chicago-Kent College of Law. Here you can find affordable condos surrounded by green spaces.
- The Loop: If you want to use the best of Chicago, then move to The Loop since it has it all – top employers, a variety of housing options (the median home price is about $350,000, and the median home rent is about $ 1700), best dining and nightlife, a plethora of recreational spots and activities, educational institutions, and many more.
Los Angeles is one of the best places to move from NYC
There are many reasons for moving from NYC to LA – the beautiful weather, diversity, colleges and universities, cost of living, diverse lifestyle, job opportunities, outdoors, food, etc. Are these enough reasons to move to LA? Then, let’s see what neighborhoods are the best. If you’re searching for affordable and safe neighborhoods in LA, you should consider Los Feliz, Playa Vista, and Porter Ranch. So, let’s explore them. Los Feliz is a neighborhood that offers a mixture of an urban and suburban feel, and it’s a popular area with young professionals and families. However, if you want to live near the beach and not pay a fortune for a house, you should choose Playa Vista, a safe neighborhood suitable for families and students. And if you want to live in a single-family home, Porter Ranch should be your choice. It’s surrounded by green spaces and parks, perfect for outdoor activities.
When it comes to the best neighborhoods for young professionals, the City of Los Angels is a landing spot for entrepreneurs and startups. So, if you’re a young adult looking for career opportunities in Los Angeles, consider moving to Playa Del Rey. Located in the heart of Silicon Beach, in Playa del Rey, you can find all kinds of jobs both at startups and some of the best-known corporations like Microsoft and Google.
Miami has it all
Have you ever pictured yourself moving from NYC to Miami, a city that has around 250 days of sunshine? If not, here are some reasons to move here. Miami is the fourth-largest urban area in the U.S., and as such, it offers endless life opportunities. It’s a place with amazing diversity where you can enjoy art deco architecture, a plethora of outdoor activities, trendy fashion, and, above all, job opportunities and highly-rated education. Whichever area in Miami you decide to move to, you won’t be disappointed. Here are some of the best neighborhoods we’ve chosen based on several criteria:
- The best neighborhoods to buy a home: If you want to buy a single-family home in Miami, choose Coconut Groove. It has the most stable real estate market. The median purchase home Price is around $600,000. On the other hand, if you want to move from everyday hassle, choose Coral Gables. It’s perfect for people of all ages, from young professionals to retirees. The median purchase price is $696,000
- The best neighborhood for families: The best place to raise kids in Miami is Kendall. Here you can find affordable bungalows or ranch-style houses. Besides, Kendall offers excellent schools for your children, such as William H. Lehman Elementary and Kendale Elementary School. Although Kendall is far from the city center, it’s easy to commute to Downtown Miami using Metrorail. Another great reason for moving to Kendall is safety. It’s safer than most Florida cities.
- The best neighborhood for young professionals: If you want to live in a lively neighborhood with plenty of working opportunities, move to Brickell. It’s best known as Miami’s “Wall Street South,” and it’s one of the major financial areas.
New Jersey: The Garden state
New Jersey should definitely be on your list of best places to move from NYC. There are plenty of reasons for moving from NYC to NJ. The main ones are the family-friendly towns, top-notch schools, highly-rated healthcare, diversity, job market, affordability, and many more. Wonder what city in New Jersey to choose? Well, the choice is wide. And we’ve chosen three cities based on affordability.
- Hackensack: Want to live in a more affordable place than NYC but still be close to it? Hackensack should be your top choice. The main advantages are livability, crime rates lower than the state average, and affordable living.
- North Bergen: It is about 10 miles from NYC, and the area is known for its affordability. The median home prices go around $330,000, and the median monthly rent prices are around $1,200. The area is booming, and it represents a real enterprise zone.
- Edgewater: It is located in Bergen County and has a growth of new residents due to its life and work opportunities. Housing is very affordable. The average monthly rent goes to $3,000.
Thinking about moving from NYC to San Francisco? Grate choice. Let’s explore it. San Francisco is one of the most preferred places to live in America. With a booming economy and endless job options, the Bay Area is perfect for those seeking career improvement. However, living in San Francisco is not so cheap, but if can afford it, go for it. It’s definitely worth the money. The reasons for moving here are endless. Here are some of them. As already mentioned, San Francisco offers great job opportunities, and it has the highest household income in the nation. The technology sector is expanding rapidly, and many young professionals want to move here. However, career opportunity is not the only reason why people love living in San Francisco. Besides this, people move here for a rich outdoor lifestyle, food, art and culture, and amazing architecture.
And if you want to buy a home here, you should consider the following neighborhoods:
- Bernal Heights: Here, you can find a wide range of housing options, from condos to bungalows in Victorian style. It’s perfect for families who seek a quiet atmosphere. There are a lot of community gardens and kid-friendly parks. And most importantly, buying a home is not as expensive as in other neighborhoods. The median home price is around $870,000.
- Parkside: It’s a perfect neighborhood for those people who want to live in San Francisco but don’t want to be in the center of the action. This neighborhood also offers affordable condos and homes with a median home price of $854,611, which is definitely cheaper than the rest of San Francisco. Besides, there are outstanding schools, such as Herbert Hoover Middle School and Abraham Lincoln High School.
Best places to move from NYC: San Diego
It’s no wonder that San Diego is called The Finest City. It offers an excellent job market, top-notch higher education, outdoor activities for all ages, magnificent weather, access to the beach, great food, and diversity. All these are the reasons why people want to move to San Diego. Moving from NYC to San Diego means being in the center of career opportunities since the unemployment rate is only five percent. You can find jobs in various industries, such as tech, healthcare, education, tourism, and many others. It’s also perfect for those seeking higher education. Who wouldn’t want to live and study in San Diego? There are more than 20 different higher education options – most notable is definitely the University of San Diego. It seems like San Diego has it all. You’ll never get bored here since there are endless outdoor activities you can enjoy no matter the age.
If you are thinking about moving from NYC to Seattle, you should definitely consider it. It is consistently ranked among the best places to live. And there are good reasons for that. Namely, Seattle’s residents earn above-average incomes. Here you can find a mix of older and newer technology companies, such as Amazon, Starbucks, Nordstrom, and Weyerhaeuser. Seattle’s neighborhoods are diverse, and there’s certainly a place for everyone. Here are some of the best neighborhoods to move to:
- University District – perfect for students and those seeking a career in education
- Capitol Hill – perfect for young couples
- West Seattle – perfect for families
- Queen Anne – perfect for retirees
Last but not least: Dallas
The last on our list is Dallas. If you are seeking a prosperous career, moving from NYC to Dallas would be the best decision you’ve ever made since it’s one of the most affordable cities for business owners. Dallas has been the fastest growing city in the U. S. It is third in the U.S. for highest salaries.
Move from NYC with the top-notch moving companies
Now that you have the list of best places to move from NYC, it’s time to find the right moving company. And whom better to refer to than Best Movers NYC. Wherever you decide to move, choose a moving company smartly. Luckily, you don’t have to search any further. We offer a strong network of the best moving companies NYC has to offer. So, contact us today, and we’ll provide you with a list of companies that match your requirements. Have a safe and smooth relocation.