What to expect from life in Manhattan Beach?
Manhattan Beach is located in the state of New York. People usually describe it as a vibrant and desirable neighborhood that offers a unique and exciting lifestyle. Situated in the borough of Brooklyn, Manhattan Beach is famous for its beautiful waterfront, upscale residential areas, and a host of amenities that make it an attractive place to live. For this reason, it comes as no surprise that many people are moving here with the best movers in NYC. If you are interested as well, you might be wondering what to expect from life in Manhattan Beach, NYC. Well, this guide is the best way to prepare yourself if you plan to move here.
The cost of living in Manhattan Beach
The cost of living in Manhattan Beach is considerably higher than the citywide average. Housing expenses dominate the budget for residents of the area. The median home price in this exclusive neighborhood exceeds the city average, so budget carefully when relocating with residential movers Brooklyn boasts. The median home value is around $1.2M. Renting is also pricey, with rental fees well above the city’s median rate. This would be more than $1,850 per month. Additionally, utilities, including electricity, water, and internet, tend to be on the higher end of the spectrum. Daily expenses, such as groceries and dining out, can also affect your wallet. Why? Because the neighborhood boasts a wide range of upscale dining options and boutique grocery stores, contributing to elevated costs. Transportation costs can be substantial, too, as Manhattan Beach is not as well-served by public transportation compared to other parts of the city.
All the amenities in Manhattan Beach
This neighborhood has something for every taste, from recreational activities to dining options. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the beautiful sandy beach, perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and picnicking. The boardwalk provides a scenic pathway for strolling or cycling, with stunning views of the ocean. For sports enthusiasts, the neighborhood offers numerous facilities. This includes basketball and tennis courts, soccer fields, and baseball diamonds. As you can see, if you’re looking to engage in a friendly game or participate in organized leagues, there are many opportunities to stay active and enjoy outdoor sports. Besides, this would be the best way to get used to your new home. So, after moving with the best movers Brooklyn NY companies provide, go out and explore.
Beaches close to Manhattan Beach
You should definitely visit nearby beaches after your relocation with movers in Manhattan Beach. Here are a couple of suggestions.
- Brighton Beach – it has a lively boardwalk lined with shops, restaurants, and cafes. Visitors can soak up the sun, swim in the refreshing waters, or indulge in delicious international cuisine.
- Coney Island Beach – famous for its iconic amusement park, Luna Park, and the historic wooden roller coaster, the Cyclone.
- Rockaway Beach – popular for its wide stretch of sandy shoreline, it’s a popular spot for sunbathing, surfing, and beach volleyball. Additionally, the beach is easily accessible by public transportation and features a lively concession area with food vendors.
- Jacob Riis Park Beach – with its spacious sandy beach, rolling dunes, and views of the Atlantic Ocean, it provides a serene setting for relaxation and picnicking.
Easily accessible parks
Manhattan Beach provides relatively easy access to several beautiful parks that provide a serene escape from busy city life. These parks offer vast green spaces, recreational activities, and breathtaking views for residents and visitors to enjoy. Some of the areas to get to when in the neighborhood include:
- Manhattan Beach Park – a popular destination for families and nature lovers. Its lawns, picnic areas, and playgrounds are excellent for outdoor gatherings and relaxation. Furthermore, the park also features a charming gazebo, ideal for events and weddings, as well as volleyball courts for some friendly competition.
- Kingsborough Beach – adjacent to Manhattan Beach, this park offers stunning ocean views. It features walking paths where visitors can stroll while enjoying the fresh sea breeze. In addition, it is an excellent spot for picnics.
- Marine Park – Just a short distance away from Manhattan Beach, Marine Park is a vast green oasis that spans over 750 acres. It is perfect for various recreational activities such as jogging, cycling, and team sports. The park also houses the Salt Marsh Nature Center, where visitors can learn about the local ecosystem and observe wildlife.
- Floyd Bennett Field – This former airport turned national park features open fields, hiking trails, and waterfront areas for fishing and boating.
What to expect from life in Manhattan Beach in terms of education
Manhattan Beach in NYC is home to great schools that prioritize academic excellence, such as the highly regarded PS 195 Manhattan Beach School and Kingsborough Community College. Schools offer a well-rounded education focusing on core subjects and a range of extracurricular activities. The neighborhood has dedicated and professional teachers who create a supportive learning environment. The curriculum challenges students while equipping them with the necessary knowledge and skills for future success. Additionally, strong home-school partnerships are also popular. They come with regular communication channels informing parents about their child’s progress.
Should you move to Manhattan Beach?
If you wondered what to expect from life in Manhattan Beach, now you have an answer. For this reason, you should decide if you want to live here or not. In case you do want to move, make sure you start preparing everything on time. This means hiring a moving company, finding a new house, etc. Moreover, don’t forget to learn more about your new neighborhood. As you can see, it has many things to offer. Therefore, there is no reason to hesitate, rather, start looking for your new place today!